Silhouette Dragonflies

Silhouette Dragonflies is finally done.  It has a saga behind it.  I created a Snow Dyed Yard of Fabric about Four years ago.  It hung in my studio until this Spring.  Had some ideas but never seemed to have the time to make anything out of it.  Then I saw Silhouette Dragonflies by Diane McGregor (Yes, you can find it on my Website).  I ordered it on a Thursday, it arrived on Monday and I had the unfinished top in my booth on Friday.  It just makes me happy to see the finished Wallhanging.  Please note it can also be used as a table runner.
Please be aware that with Snow Dyed Fabrics no two pieces are ever the same.  I dye three yards of fabric in one pile of snow, sometimes they come out looking like cousins, other times they look like they are from different planets.  And trying to create a repeat is really an exercise in futility, it never works.  My suggestion is, find a Snow Dyed piece that speaks to you and go from there.

Blue Green Circles Top

My most recent project is a fun swingy pullover top.  Yes, I have the pattern on my website.  I started with PFD White Cotton fabric and a Tone on Tone White Cotton Fabric.

Hand Dyed everything Blue Green.  I love the variety of hand dying the cotton fabric, it turns Tone on Tone into something really fun and unique.

Finished top, yippie, had the right light for a good photo.

Back, fun to wear and fits nicely.  The pattern was easy to make.

Now, for a behind the scenes look.  This is my favorite place to take photos of samples.  Braving the snow was easy after digging out my gaiters.

Beautiful if you are working from home.

Wysong T-shirt Quilt Finally!

Several years ago my dear friend Mary asked for assistance with making a T-shirt quilt for her husband Jeff.  The majority of the T-shirts were from Alaska so Mary wanted to use my snow dyed fabric.  We spent the afternoon selecting several yard sized pieces that went well together.
Might I say at this point that Mary is not a quilter and had no idea what she was getting into.  We started by stabilizing the t-shirts and then arranging them for the quilt top.  As we lived four hours apart Mary found help in her area for assembling the quilt top.  She sent me a sample of the color for the drops and I created a custom hand dyed color for the quilt.
Mike & I just made a trip to Montana to visit Mary & Jeff.  While admiring the quilt I noticed that not all of the basting had been removed.  I thought that it was only appropriate that I finish the quilt Mary and I had started.  It turned out beautifully.