Not to long ago the members of my Surface Design Group escaped for some fun. We spent two days experimenting with thickened dye. We dyed, stamped, stenciled, dabbed and painted fabric. The first two are made using thickened dye, a foam roller, stencil and brush. I’m not sure if this is the final produce or if I will over dye or something else.
Leaf one is also made using thickened dye, stamp and foam roller. We discovered that the dye needed to be at different thicknesses for different techniques. We all started out wearing gloves, I was a lost cause. Instead I came home with multi-colored hands. Not to worry it has already worn off.
On Fire and Amethyst & Sun (below) are both created using a dyeing method that was new to me. This is the first time that our SDG did a retreat, we are already planning the next one. I came away with some new thoughts and ideas. I cannot wait to experiment more.